Web Excavator is a versatile Windows tool for downloading files from the web. The latest version is 1.29.
Web Excavator can be used to:
- Download entire websites to your hard drive.
- Download music, pictures, movies or any other file type from websites.
- Troll the web, based upon your search keywords, looking for websites with any file type(s) that you specify to download. It can also ignore URLs that contain any phrases that you have stipulated.
If you have previously installed via the Installer and want to update to the latest version, just download the zip file and extract the files into your Web Excavator directory, overwriting the files already there.
Web Excavator is a powerful utility for downloading entire web sites or specific files from web sites. Downloading a website can be very useful from an education prospective and for content that you which to browse offline. Also, there are an incredible number of sites within the Internet that include interesting or useful images. Downloading many images using a standard browser is extremely time consuming, as you must wait for the web page containing the images to load, click on each individual picture and specify the location where it will be saved. Web Excavator greatly simplifies this process.|
Once you have entered a URL, Web Excavator parses it and downloads the chosen file types (e.g. all files or only images, movies, etc.) to a specified folder. You can also set the program to explore the entire web site and retrieve only those files that meet your specifications. It offers several filter options that allow you to limit the results, so it only downloads those you actually want from the web pages. You can even tell it to follow links to other websites; so that it can search for other files you are interested in on other websites.
Web Excavator's Main Features Include:
- Easily download entire websites.
- Easily download exactly the file types you want from an individual page, a whole site, or the entire Internet!
- Numerous filters to ensure you download only those files you need.
- Fast download of up to 32 files simultaneously.
- Dynamically view and remove files in the download queue.
- Search for and delete duplicate files (even if they have different file names).
- Resume interrupted downloads.
- Optionally remember all files downloaded so they are not downloaded again.
- Free 30-day trial with no feature limitations.
Site last updated: 2nd January 2008.