readfile ("includes/top_inc.php") ?>
Version 1.30 - January 2, 2010
- Added a minimum image width and height option to the Advanced Options dialog.
- Fixed a bug where the save file could become corrupted if the application crashed.
- Now better handle links that end in a forward slash.
Version 1.29 - January 2, 2008
- Fixed a bug in the update duplicate files system and made some efficiency improvements.
- Fixed a possible crash bug with a particular sequence of actions in the download list dialog.
- Now when searching with nothing it displays the first set of URLs.
- Fixed a bug with the list dialogs being unresponsive when saving.
- No longer guesses site names with URL encoded characters (e.g. %3F, etc.)
Version 1.28 - October 28, 2007
- Fixed a bug in the search algorithm (e.g. when searching for zza in zzza).
- Fixed a bug when clearing the URL history while files are downloading.
- Many improvements to the web page parsing algorithm.
- Many improvements to the algorithm that converts web pages for offline viewing.
- No longer guesses file names with URL encoded characters (e.g. %3F :)
- When using the up or down arrow to get the previous search option the cursor is now defaults to the end of the phrase.
- Now remembers the last ten search terms.
- Added additional default sound and movie file types.
Version 1.27 - September 30, 2007
- Fixed a bug with the 'Pause After Downloads' where it could turn itself off.
- Save files are now slightly smaller (this change is backwards compatible)
- An empty 'To Download' list dialog will now automatically reload the list when files are scheduled to be downloaded.
- Also on the 'To Download' list dialog you can now 'Delete All' the downloads in the queue (if you are not performing a search - in which case the button deletes all the search entries found)
- Pausing the program will now update the graphic in any open list dialog.
- Added an Advanced option to save downloaded files with URL encoded files names.
- Fixed a possible deadlock.
- Added .xml to the default site types.
- Fixed a bug with loading option (.ini) files.
Version 1.26 - September 1, 2007
- Fixed a bug with duplicate files where deletion would occur if the same file was added again to the download list.
- Fixed a bug loading file types from an ini file.
- Within the list dialogs, Ctrl-S selects all displayed entries and Ctrl-D deletes displayed selected items.
- You can now have both 'To Excavate' and 'To Download' list dialogs open at the same time.
- Also both 'To Excavate' and 'To Download' minimize when Web Excavator is minimized.
- Optimized loading the duplicates data file.
- If 'Open Last Download' fails it now tries to open a previous download.
- Fixed a bug in the Wizard with selecting 'Guess URLs'.
- Minor UI improvements.
Version 1.25 - August 19, 2007
- Fixed a rare crash bug.
- Made improvements to the HTML parsing engine.
- When downloading a web site, offsite images are now downloaded. More and more websites are storing their images offsite.
- Made some optimizations, particularly when checking to see if a site is to be added to the download list.
- Found an instance where Web Excavator could create a sub-directory when configured not to.
- Now extracts links that do not have a corresponding closing quote.
- Now displays the size of large files correctly.
Version 1.24 - July 14, 2007
- Pressing the up arrow in the search field within the 'To Download' or 'To Excavate' dialogs, will now display the last phrase searched for.
- Added 'Save' and 'Load As' toolbar buttons.
- Saved files are now named with the site you started plus ".sav". Old saved files will still load.
- The save files above also now have a corresponding ini file.
- In the wizard when downloading files skipped phrases are applied to both Site URLs and file URLs.
- Improved the handling of local 302 redirects.
- Fixed a bug with checking for updates.
- Now handles links that only have a directory and do not contain a file name.
- When downloading web pages that do not have a file extension, Web Excavator now appends a file extension.
- Fixed a bug when downloading within a domain, where it could download html files outside of the domain.
- Fixed a bug where the stop command would not stop downloading if a particular situation occurred.
- Fixed a bug where a URL to excavate could be added twice.
- History data is now backed up to History.bak
- Changed it so Web Excavator will not guess URLs if a duplicate file is found.
- More minor UI improvements.
Version 1.23 - June 24, 2007
- Minor UI improvements.
- Zero byte length files are now automatically deleted.
- As requested, added a 'Pause After Downloads Completed' menu option that, when activated, stops processing URLs and waits until the download queue is empty before pausing Web Excavator.
- Last image download is now updated while 'To Download', 'To Excavate' or 'In Process' dialogs are open.
- Fixed a bug where occasionally the first file downloaded would be saved into the same directory as Web Excavator.
Version 1.22 - June 2, 2007
- Fixed a bug with updating Web Excavator that was introduced in version 1.21.
- Added option to 'Download Dir' to store checksums/file size information about every file in the download directories so that when a new file is downloaded it compares the checksums/file size of this new file with the data it has stored. If it is found to be the same it deletes it. Also, if checked, all new downloads checksums/file size are added to this list.
- There is a new menu item to delete this checksums/file size data file.
- Improved file compare functionality.
- Fixed threading related crash bug when removing files from download list.
- Fixed bug with application not receiving the focus properly after restoring from system tray.
- Added advanced option to resize the last downloaded displayed image so as to fit within the display window.
Version 1.21 - April 11, 2007
- Now checks minimum file size upon receiving file header information.
- Fixed rare bug where Web Excavator would not restore properly after being minimized.
- If not saving web pages and audio/image/etc file is really an html file, then this file is not saved.
- In the list dialogs the search term now defaults to active.
- Version check file is now always downloaded to the same directory as the exe.
Version 1.20 - January 14, 2007
- Added ability to search within the list dialogs and to remove all files containing the search term.
- Reload within the list dialogs now starts at the given index.
- Within the list dialogs the shift key now can be used to select multiple files .
- Now displays the last jpg or gif image saved. Left click on this image to open in default viewer.
- Added Advanced option to disable displaying the last image saved.
- Send cookies (which defaults off) now also saves cookies too.
- Fixed: Downloading from secure sites now updates the number of files downloaded correctly.
- Fixed: 'Erase URL History' now deletes all ignore lists.
- Delete key will now deletes selected items from list dialogs.
Version 1.19 - December 28, 2006
- Added buttons to the application window to do common tasks.
- Added download directory to main application window (after typing press enter to use new directory).
- No longer guesses URLs on a redirect
- No longer guesses file names when the file downloaded is below the minimum file size (set in options)
Version 1.18 - August 6, 2006
- Fixed a bug with saving Sub-domain data to separate folders.
- 'Within This Domain Only' which downloads into sub-domains folders (see below) will now change the original code so that it points at these.
- The above feature can be turned off within the advanced options by selecting 'Do Not Alter Web Pages On Download'.
- Added an 'Log Valid URLs' advanced option to log all the valid downloads to a ValidURLs.log file located in the same directory as the executable.
- Added an option to not save any files when 'Log Valid URLs' is checked.
- Fixed a bug with not downloading after starting and stopping a previous download.
- Fixed a bug with guessing download URLs and IP addresses.
- Added option to apply any changes to the search keywords, or exclusion keywords to the appropriate lists immediately.
Version 1.17a - July 5, 2006
- Added advanced option to define a custom user-agent.
- Added .dll to the default list of web site types. Saves with dll extension. Do not run downloaded dlls.
Version 1.17 - July 3, 2006
- When minimizing Web Excavator to the system tray the 'File duplicates' dialog, if open, is now also minimized.
- Properly handles web servers that do not allow disconnected downloads to continue.
- Fixed a potential program lock up when exiting in the middle of searching for duplicate files.
- Now handles style="background-image:url(URL)"
- Fixed problems with setting "More Options" on the Wizard Dialog.
- Fixed a bug with connecting to websites that do not use port 80.
- Added jhtml to the web page types to search
- 'Within This Domain Only' will now also download from sub-domains (e.g www.example.com, images.example.com, scripts.example.com, etc.). Sub-domain data will be saved in a separate folder (e.g. scripts_example_com).
Version 1.16a - March 23, 2006
- Now appends 'index.html' when a sub-directory ends in '/'.
- Fixed a bug with regards to newlines when handling redirects.
Version 1.16 - March 11, 2006
- Streamlined Wizard for downloading Single web pages
- Improved downloading single web pages.
- Fixed a bug in the wizard where you could not turn off guessing URLs
- Fixed a bug where one of the previous buttons took you to the wrong place
- Fixed a bug where it did not automatically prepend http when downloading files
- In verbose mode it now displays if it failed to download a file
- Now saves the 'Min. Downloads (below which search for more)' setting.
Version 1.15 - February 12, 2006
- Fixed a couple of potential buffer overrun crash bugs.
- Added option to search in the sub-directories of the 'optional directories' to see if a file has already been downloaded.
- Added 'Download Dirs' to the options menu.
- Now automatically appends a ';.' if the search types are all exclusions (!).
- Fixed bug with setting defaults in the Options Dialog not resetting previous download file types.
- Fixed a bug with not ignoring first excluded site file type.
- Fixed a bug with using non-exclusions (!) with Keywords to skip.
- Added Advanced Option to change the minimum number of downloads before it searches for more.
- Minor interface changes/improvements.
Version 1.14 - February 2, 2006
- Optimized the code that parses web files.
- Fixed a bug where Web Excavator would, under a particular circumstance, parse non-web files.
- Added ability to type a starting index when viewing the 'Download' and 'Sites To Scan' lists.
- Made the 'check for updates' easier to use.
- Now closes faster if having a connection problem.
- On failure to connect to a site, it now checks against a known site to verify that the Internet connection is good.
- Fixed a spelling mistake on 'Find Duplicate' dialog.
- Now remembers the 'Search Sub Directories' setting between duplicate file searches
- Fixed a bug where web pages did not have a extension when saved in 'Do Not Create Any Sub Directories' mode.
- Clicking the exit button a second time will force the software to exit no matter what.
Version 1.13 - February 2, 2006
Version 1.12a - December 11, 2005
- Added Portable Application Descriptions XML file to the installation program.
- Now sets all options to there original values after pressing the 'defaults' button.
- Included additional exclusion defaults when downloading entire websites.
Version 1.12 - December 4, 2005
- Fixed a download crash bug.
Version 1.11 - November 26, 2005
- Made some optimizations to the code, in particular Web Excavator now shuts down faster.
- Fixed a crash bug when parsing web page after installing Norton Internet Security.
- In the 'In Process' view it now shows if it is trying to connect.
- Added an option not to guess URLs after Web Excavator finds a question mark.
- Fixed a display bug in the download list.
- A few small interface changes.
Version 1.10 - October 27, 2005
- Added a wizard to simplify the use of this application.
- Added an option to the advanced options dialog to always start in 'classic view'.
- Added ability to remove files from the download list while paused.
- Fixed a bug when exiting while paused.
- Optional 'Keywords In URL To Skip' is now checked when a save file is loaded.
- Fixed a bug where it would sometimes not check all download directories.
- Can now 'row select' on the Download List Dialogs. Also right clicking will now open that URL.
- Fixed a bug where the optional 'history of sites visited' list was loaded twice.
- Also, when using the above option, the program now exits faster.
Version 1.09 - August 13, 2005
- Added menu item to search for duplicate files in any directory / sub-directories and optionally delete them.
- Added advanced option to set the priority of the program. Set this to low if you want it to run as a background process.
- Fixed a bug where it would not download files starting with '../'.
- Minor tweaks to the parsing algorithms.
- Added ability to copy a link to the clipboard from file or site download lists by right click or Ctrl-C.
- Added an option to send a cookie to the site being downloaded from (see options dialog)
- Added an option to view the files currently being downloaded.
- Added two more optional download directories to check in to see if a file has been downloaded.
- Some minor graphical and display tweaks.
Version 1.08 - June 22, 2005
- Added advanced option to check for updates at start-up.
- Fixed a bug in the download code.
- Added a menu option to open the last file downloaded.
- Within the view site and download lists it now displays the index range of the items being shown.
- With 'Guess URLs' it now does not try to guess IP addresses.
- Corrected a few grammar errors.
Version 1.07 - June 17, 2005
- Fixed a possible crash bug when guessing URLs.
- Added a menu option to remove all files to be downloaded.
- Made many tweaks and improvements to downloading sites where a redirect file is needed.
- Added an Advanced Option to set default redirect scripting language when file type is not supported. Defaults to PHP. Currently only ASP, JSP and PHP are supported.
- Added a Open Debug file button to Advanced Options dialog.
- If loading a saved state fails, it will now automatically attempt to load the back up.
Version 1.06 - June 5, 2005
- Fixed bug handling URLs that are not in quotes.
- Added option to not download files if their name contains a given keyword.
Version 1.05 - May 31, 2005
- Now handles redirecting web pages. When handling PHP, ASP and JSP redirecting web pages it writes out a redirecting page in that language; all others are written out as ASP. Defaults to only using just one parameter.
- Can now set the Maximum file size to download.
- Can now set the number of URL download threads (see Advanced Options).
- Many minor optimizations and improvements with the web page processing.
Version 1.04 - April 24, 2005
- Now displays the number of files downloaded this session.
- 'Save and Exit' now shutdowns the program if download list is empty.
- You are now prompted if the program is about to overwrite the save file with an empty one.
- Fixed bug in download directories to check display and added two more.
Version 1.03 - April 18, 2005
- Fixed bug when downloading single web page.
- Fixed potential crash bug on exit.
- Added additional optional directories to search in to see if a file has already been downloaded.
- Optionally keep a list of files already downloaded so as not to download them again.
- User deleted files are added to the 'already downloaded list' (if enabled).
- Fixed bugs in download and site list display.
- Fixed problem with resuming interrupted downloads.
Version 1.02 - March 13, 2005
- If you specify a save directory that doesn't exist it will now create that directory for you.
- Added option to specify other directories (up to 5) to search in to see if a file has already been downloaded.
- Now saves the date when logging URL errors.
- Added stop adding to URL History option menu option.
- Added 'Erase URL History' option to the menu.
- Added a 'fetch' individual file option on the main window.
- Fixed a bug where it would not search the exclude list under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a small memory leak with the file view dialog.
- Some cosmetic changes, including making the file view dialog wider.
- Added a reload button to the file view dialog.
- Fixed a crash bug in the file view dialog if you selected or deleted from an empty list.
- Some minor tweaks to the programming logic.
Version 1.01 - February 6, 2005
- Made numerous changes to the interface, including:
- Adding a 'Back' button and 'Select All' to the file view list.
- Adding a Web Excavator graphic.
- Can now optionally tell it to guess URLs. Currently, this only works for URLs that contain numbers. For example, if it finds a Neptune01.jpg it will look for a Neptune02.jpg and a Neptune10.jpg.
- Added an option to search for keywords on the web page not just in URLs.
- Added 'Save As' and 'Load As' current options to the File menu.
- Added Menu item to 'Erase URL History' that clears the list of previously downloaded URLs.
Version 1.00 - January 30, 2005
include "includes/bottom_inc.php" ?>